Yukawa Lab is one of Australia’s and Asia’s largest testing facilities for Australian, Pacific and Asian high-end appliance testing. Our NATA accredited laboratories are AS ISO/IEC 17025 and AS/NZS ISO 9001 certified, ensuring our test laboratories and environmental chambers are independently audited and international best practices are followed.
The name YUKAWA is derived from Prof. Hideki Yukawa, who was a Japanese theoretical physicist and the first Japanese Nobel laureate for his prediction of the
pi-meson or pion.
The lab is a twin-room 120kW dual chamber Enthalpy Test Laboratory is the largest in Victoria and second largest in Australia. This enhanced facility will help Rinnai maintain its leadership position, meet new government regulations and conduct testing internally up to very high KW ratings under NATA accreditation for our products. In addition, Rinnai’s attention will now turn to launching the lab as business which can provide testing services to the general market including;
- Ducted Split / Packaged Air Conditioners for MEPS capacities, performance and seasonal star rating
- Geo-thermal / Water Cooled Air Conditioners / Chillers
- Heat Pump Water heater units for performance rating
- Evaporative Air Conditioners
- Solar Collectors
- Gas/Electric Hot Water Storage Tanks for heat loss MEPS
- Gas Ducted Space Heaters for MEPS capacities performance
Please refer to this link for a full list of accredited test standards.